We are excited to guide you to the best finds online! Fashion that's fit for you and at your fingertips!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Miss USA 60th Celebration Review!

Wow!! After a whirlwind trip to Vegas, L.A. and Raleigh, it is definitely good to be home! A.T. and I had such an awesome time celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Miss USA. My schedule was not my own in Vegas and I loved it! MUO and Maureen Atwell (Executive Director, Miss NV USA), really pulled out all of the stops to ensure that all of us formers felt the Miss USA love all weekend long!

Susan Anderson for TIME
From autograph signings, to an interview and photo shoot with Time Magazine to VIP treatment with the La Casa Hermosa Style Team (thank you Cari and Wilmer!!), I felt like a Miss USA again. Meeting the past Miss USA's that I grew up loving and admiring was truly wonderful. 

Bobbi (Johnson) Kauffman, Miss USA 1964 and Sue (Downey) Olsen, Miss USA 1965, were the first formers I met and I was so in awe of them, I could barely talk. I was stumbling all over my words, just so honored to meet women that paved the way for me to be Miss USA. And each former was equally impressive and inspiring. I am so blessed to be a part of this sorority!!

On Saturday, we shot a commemorative poster highlighting the 60 years of Miss USA and it was amazing! I cannot wait to see the final outcome so until it debuts, here is a sneak preview of some of the things we shot!

Catching up with Tara (Miss USA 2006), was one of my favorite things from the weekend. We hadn't seen each other in quite a while and it was great reuniting with her. She looks wonderful, is working on a fantastic new album and has some pretty cool opportunities coming her way. Tara is a great person and I loved spending time with her!!!

Most of the Miss Teen USA State Titleholders were able to attend the festivities and it was awesome getting to see all of them! We hadn't seen most of them since our retreat so there were tons of hugs going around! I think it's great that MUO provides an outlet of events at Miss USA for all of the Teens. It's something they look forward to all year long and adds more bonding time for them.  


All in all, Miss USA gets an A+ from me! A.T. and I had a blast with our girls, our teens and the amazing formers! Thank you again to MUO, Maureen, Robin, Cari, Wilmer, Jason, Travis, Planet Hollywood and all my Miss USA sisters for a weekend I'll never forget! So much happened, so stay tuned for our official Miss USA Review!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment