We are excited to guide you to the best finds online! Fashion that's fit for you and at your fingertips!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WorkOut Like You Want It!

For practically my whole life, I loathed working out.  That was until a year ago. A.T. came into my life right after I gave up my title as Miss USA so I have had our Perfect Plate and his program longer than any of our clients. I would workout only when an event was coming up and would then slip back into pizza-coma, shortly after. It wasn't until last year that I realized exactly what my best could be.  I realized all of the "hoping" to be a certain size or to just maintain, wasn't getting me anywhere. See, I had taken on everyone else's curvy expectations of what I should look like. I finally realized that I wanted more for myself. So I became like Nike - I just did it.  I hit my goal weight over a year ago and have kept it off since. I can't even begin to describe how good that feels!

That's why I was so excited to do our first-ever group workout session on location during Miss USA. I want every girl to not just focus on a number on a scale but to really see that they can reach their full potential....or for some girls, are already there with their bodies. Keeping a positive self-image is harder than ever these days. So you know what? Let's stop looking to everyone and everything else to motivate us. If you want it bad enough, fight for it and know that you can have it!

The Pageant Body:
What is it? And how do you get it?

A pageant physique is long, lean, sexy and classy.  Your body type, height, age or experience do not alter you having this look, contrary to popular belief. Training for a pageant is like training for any other sport. Certain exercises will just not get you long and lean, no matter how long your legs are to start off with.  Physically, you have to train the right areas in the right ways. Mentally, you have to just do it.  It's easy to skip around a diet or workout program - to add your favorite Zumba class in - but that gets you no where close to your goal. It wastes a lot of time and money. 

On average, while we were in Vegas for Miss USA, each day started off around 100 degrees. When we did this workout, I was running on about 4 hours of sleep, some crazy let lag and could have easily hit snooze on my alarm.  But I was excited to workout! I was excited for us to teach our girls the right ways to train. I could not wait to get started at 7:30 that morning!

The girls did a fantastic job and took mine and A.T.'s direction so well.  It's hard to wrap your brain around the end result you want to see.  We are so used to instantly gratifying options that we forget the hard work that goes into seeing a goal all the way through.  There comes a point where you have to dig deep and trust that it's going to work.  I mean, really....what have you got to lose but weight?

A.T. and I want to thank Terry & Judy Wright of Terry Wright Photography and Beauty by Judy for coming out to shoot our workout in Vegas.  I've worked with this awesome duo before and not only are they a fantastic photography/makeup artist team but they are just the nicest people in the whole world. So you can't beat that combination!  They reside in the Las Vegas area and are in high demand at pageant seminars all over the country.

Click here for more information on Terry & Judy!

It was a successful workout session with tons of valuable information. If you have any questions regarding your fitness goals, please feel free to email us at info@standoutproductions.net.  We are happy to help! 

XoXo,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment